The Australian Government Scholarship Awards for students of Asia, Pacific, Africa and Middle East is now available and applications from eligible candidates are invited. The available Scholarships are for full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The intent of this study and research opportunity availed by Australia Awards Scholarships is to readily develop the skills and knowledge of participating individuals to enable them propel and drive change and engage acquired resources to the developmental outcomes of their own country.
The Australia scholarship Awards are well renowned prestigious international scholarships and fellowships fully funded by the Australian Government which verily aims at contributing to both short and long term development needs of the country and its partners, in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
At commencement of the scholarship,Applicants must have attained 18 years of age . An applicant or awardee should meet DFAT’s English language requirements for receiving an Australia Awards Scholarship.
Australian Scholarship Award Description:
- Application Deadline: September 30 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships will avail participants the golden opportunity to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Study Subject: Study programs consider a top priority the applicants country’s areas for development listed on the participating country profiles.
- Scholarship Award: The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
- Scholarship Benefits:
- Full tuition fees free
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to awardees is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research awardees and Master by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory component)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
- Number of Scholarships: Many scholarships are readily available.
- Eligible countries: Countries from ;Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East can apply
- Basic Requirements For Scholarship Entrance: For one to be eligible to receive the Scholarship awards, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years)
- Have satisfied any specific criteria laid out by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship.
- Have the wherewithal to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions)
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements ix. Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
- English Language Requirements: An applicant must satisfy DFAT’s English language requirements for receiving an Australia Awards Scholarship. Where an applicant meets not the DFAT’s English language requirements the applicant will need to provide an academic English language test. Recommended and Accepted English language tests are:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Click on the scholarships boxes in white panel to be directed to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password.
Once you have checked the opening and closing dates for your country, refer to the Participating Country Profile to see which method of application they will accept.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED AFTER DUE CONSIDERATIONS.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online .